Everyone knows those “Would you rather?” questions where you have two very distinct and very opposite choices and you have to pick just the one. Most of the answers are simple and no-brainers, but some can be very tough to choose. Here’s my answers to the best 7 blogging-related WYR’s.
1. Would you rather the worst blog post you’ve ever written stay on the front page of Digg for a week or the best blog post you’ve ever written get zero Diggs?
Given how much I don’t like Digg after the whole impersonation fiasco, this one is simple for me – my best blog post ever getting no Diggs at all.
2. Would you rather have the last 30 seconds of your life or the first 30 seconds shown on video via your blog?
I’d probably have to say the last 30 seconds of my life. Most of my early life (i.e. 16-17 years) was never on the Internet, so why would I have my first half minute of existence (outside the womb) available for all to see? At least when I do die, there will hopefully be people who still read this stuff and would be interested in seeing it
3. Would you rather blog exclusively about blogging or not blog at all?
Not blog. I know that there are a load of people out there who do blog about everything blogging-related (I’m not going to name names here), but I’m not one of them. If I couldn’t blog about my everyday rants, then I wouldn’t. Although then you’d have to listen to me going on face to face
4. Would you rather have the ugliest blog design and the best content on earth or the most beautiful blog design and the lamest content?
Given how my current layout isn’t exactly the most colourful of arrangements (all my hex codes are the same character six times...), I’ll stick with worst design, best content. What’s the point in having a nicely laid out site when the content is complete and utter garbage * cough cough *
5. Would you rather that your blog be featured on Oprah every day for a week or linked to at the Google homepage for one hour?
Google please. Oprah’s gone downhill over the past decade or so, and I’m not entirely sure I’d like her legions of women followers all over my site (no offence to the guys out there who adore her!)
6. Would you rather have the most popular blog in the world but no blog revenue or the most profitable blog but no fans?
Now this is a bit of a toughie. It’d be great to have the most popular blog possible, just as long as the costs of hosting it weren’t astronomical (Not saying that Blacknight is expensive!). However, it would be great to be able to earn a huge amount from blogging, but not having any true fans would mean that there’s no heart to the blog... (I consider frequent commenters like Reflex and B’dum to be good enough as fans!)
7. Would you rather stop breathing or stop blogging?
Surprisingly, I had to think about this one
However, since ethere is more to life than blogging (i.e. gaming!), I’d have to pick stop blogging.
I’m not really one to start memes around the blogging community, so I’m not going to tag anyone to do this themselves (that and I’m too lazy to!) – although I do await your participation.
Also, if you have any WYR? questions to ask me, feel free to do so. I’ll do my best to answer it, if I’m not ignoring you because I feel like it